Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Makaylee turned 1!!!!

First birthdays are so exciting!! I am pretty sure that I was more excited about her birthday than she was (heheehehe)!!! I started looking at cakes when she was around six months old, trying to decide what cake I would make and what theme I would choose! After all of that, I stole the idea from my cousin Emily, so ........ thanks for the idea!! A couple days before her birthday Brian and I tried to teach her how to blow a candle out, it didn't work!! Oh well, I got to make a birthday wish for her!! Here are some pictures of the night.
This is us singing (good thing I don't have audio)!!!
This is her cake that I am proud to say I made all by myself!! It was so much fun!
We did make her dress up like a ladybug! My friend found the cutest tutu at Swiss Days and got it for her birthday!!


She loved opening her gifts. Yes, i know I look like a dork!

Her new pony from grandma and grandpa (she is still getting used to it)!







The birthday girls! Since Makaylee's birthday was on a Thursday, we threw her birthday party on Friday, which ended up being on Alyssa's birthday! Nothing better than watching somebody else open presents on your birthday!

We, as in Brian, my mom, my brother and myself thought that it would be cute to take her picture with her sitting by the 1 on the 10 yard line at my brothers football game. She hated it!

HaPpY BiRtHdAy MaKaYlEe!!!!!






8 comments:

Tippetts said...

Oh my Heck!! You did so good on her cake and decorations! I love it! And she looked so so so cute and so grown up!! Gosh how I miss you guys! You really need to come and visit me I think!!! Ha Ha Ha! How's tomorrow?

The Reimers Family said...

So stinking cute! I'm so glad that you dressed her up like a lady bug because I am willing to bet she's not going to let you do that on her sweet 16!

Emily Hamilton said...

Oh my goodness, MaKaylee looks so cute as a little lady bug! I love it. You are such a great mom! The cake looks awesome! You're going to have to teach me how to make the frosting look like that. I love the grass and antenna too.
Happy Birthday MaKaylee! We are excited to see you in a few weeks. Abby can't wait to have a friend to play with.

Lindsey said...

That came so fast! I love the theme and the cake. I'm all for themes for birthday parties. What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Lady Bug! You are amazing. I tried to make Ty a "Cars" cake and it was crazy hard. Yours looked awesome! Love the tu-tu!!!

Emma said...

Nice cake! You can make Iwalani's cake when she turns 1. Of course that means you'll have to fly out east....hee hee! Makaylee is so cute- I want to pinch her cheeks.

jfarnsworth said...

Happy late birthday! I can't believe how cute Makaylee is! I love her cake, you did an awesome job! I need you to help me make Alix's cake! She will be one in a week and a half and I still don't know what kind of cake to do for her! We need to have another barbecue before it snows!

Lexi Patterson said...

Happy birthday Makaylee! I can't believe you have a 1 year old Wags! I LOVE the ladybug theme. And I'm super impressed with your cake. Way to go!