Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Scream free shopping!!

As most of you know I work at Smith's and my biggest complaint is crying, screaming, bratty children!!! I have to (or used to hehehe) listen to it for 8 to 10 hours a day, 38 to 40 hours a week!!!! After working there for a very long time I learned how to tune out the music that we played ( most of the time i swear they were trying to make me go insane), there was one thing that I could NEVER tune out and that is whining and crying. AAAHHHH!!! Anyway, i was watching Studio 5 this morning and they had a lady on that had games for children to play and to get involved in helping, rather than hurting the shopping experience!! Any of you that have children should check it out, she even has templates that you can download and take to the store with you to ease the burden of grocery shopping. Nobody likes to shop for groceries and it is even worse to take kids that haven't had naps or want EVERYTHING on EVERY aisle. Anyway, the website is http://www.studio5.ksl.com/ then look for Surviving the supermarket in style article. She had some great ideas that i was even thinking of using, i will just have to hold on to it for a couple years, but i thought they were that good. Anyway, I'm done complaining. Happy shopping!!!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Awesome...I'll be checking that out. It's not that Kainoa whines and screams...she just doesn't want to sit in a cart. If I let her walk, I end up trailing behind her to pick up all the food she has taken off of the shelves. It's exhausting!

becky said...

A while back I worked a Roberts Crafts and that was my same complaint. And parents who would go in and sent their way too little kids to the toy section, oh and changing of diapers in the frame department. (that was one of my departments.)

Keri said...

My kids's fav part of shopping at Smith's was just to see you. They would ask to go to the store to see Tiffanie. Now how can you not love that.