Thursday, March 5, 2009

My dads birthday

Sorry not very good at the picture thing I'm not sure how to flip them. Anyway, my dads birthday was last Friday so I wanted to do something funny cause every time you ask him what he wants he says world peace and it's not going to happen anytime soon!! The guy doesn't need anything. He doesn't make it easy on us to shop for him.My dad is a CPA and I have seen little "tax deduction" onesies at Target for the last i don't know how many years, I was excited this year to see them, and then I was crushed cause I never found them, hello it is tax season!!! I made this one with a tee shirt and some stickers.This is the cutest pic I got out of her, and let me tell you it took two days (the second picture is what she looked like for most of the pics).



So he turned the big 5-0 this year and most of what he got was for his pond. He has put a lot of sweat into this pond, everybody has contributed to the pond. Makaylee and I even helped rearrange some rocks, (I fell in the pond when I was pregnant and then he had to redo that part cause the rocks didn't fit back into place). His gift from my mom was a big pump so now the water is no longer stagnant. It makes noise, it is super awesome!! It needed a bigger pump cause the one thay had would trickle out at the top and he wanted noise!! The last picture is the final result, i wish I had a picture to show what the yard looked like before cause i looked nothing like that, it didn't even have grass when them moved in, it was all weeds!

This is him day dreaming about his new pump!



Happy Birthday Dad!!!

5 comments:

becky said...

Wow that is not just a little pond.

Farnsworth said...

That backyard is huge. It looks way good!

Emma said...

Their house/backyard looks awesome! They did a great job. Happy birthday to your dad...be sure to rub in his age :).

Lindsey said...

Do you think Rob and I could just pitch a tent in the backyard? Seriously, that is gorgeous!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Man, Scott looks great! Happy 50th! (so does the yard) I guess that's why he still looks so trim.