Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bell canyon

A couple of weeks ago I took Makaylee on her first hike! I was so excited to try out my new backpack that I got from my neighbor I went to my moms house, told my brothers they were going on a hike and off we were!! I am so proud of myself I made it all the way up to the lake with Makaylee on my back!! If any of you have been up there and are saying to yourself "wow, good for you it's a super short hike". In my defense it is steep and I had about 20 lbs added on!! Now that i look at this picture I can see that I am making a very cute face, I will blame that on my brother for acting like a dork in my picture. Bell Canyon is so pretty and it's a short hike. There is a waterfall a little further up the canyon and my goal is to work out this summer so I can make it up there with out wanting to pass out or make a million stops to breathe!!! Wish me luck!


This is a picture from about half way up over looking the valley!


This is Makaylee loving her backpack!! She loves to be able to look at everything, she talked my ear off the entire way up.

I told my brother to take a picture of me at the bottom just in case I was a little more out of shape than first suspected!!







9 comments:

~Mindy~ said...

Yay! Good job Tiff, I'm proud of you! I want one of those backpacks, they look so fun!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Congrats! I think that's the same canyon we hiked to last time we were in Utah from San Antonio. I'm impressed you made it. We should go next time we're in town!! McKaylee is SOOO cute!!

Lindsey said...

I'm impressed you carried Makaylee. I always make Rob come along on hiking adventures so he can have the Haylee backpack. I'm way too much of a wuss. Way to go!

The Reimers Family said...

You are such an adventurous woman! You go girl! That is so beautiful! Where is that at?

becky said...

Fun. Good for you. I got a back pack for Cait this last summer and just used it last weekend for the first time. She is still a little small for it but it still worked great.

jfarnsworth said...

Woohoo congrats! That is super great! I think us mom's are super tough since we have to haul our babies around everywhere! When do you want to get together and hang out? I need to see your cute little baby! Did Brian tell you I talked to him at Smith's? I gave him my phone number so we can have a barbecue or something fun! I would love to come see your house sometime too!

Emma said...

Dang, you did awesome hiking up there with a baby on your back! I miss Bell Canyon. Enjoy being close to a fun hike...it takes about 2 1/2-3 hours to get to the mountains here for us.

Laura Jett said...

lol. that's awesome! I haven't done much exercising lately and I would NOT have been able to carry a baby up, ANY length of hike. :P So, Good job! :D

Emily Hamilton said...

Wow! You're impressive to carry Makaylee all that way!!!! She looks so cute in the carrier. The hike looks beautiful, it makes me miss the mountains.